The college values relentless pursuit of excellence in imparting 'latest practical knowledge to substantiate the theoretical aspects. The college strives to provide the resources and other facilities as per the norms of State Govt. and DPI (Colleges) to uphold standards of scholarly excellence and professional development. Faculty members from different departments are actively involved in writing of Self Study Report of Government College Ropar(Punjab) 230 research papers. Eminent resource persons are invited for talks to provide exposure to students and develop a critical acumen in them. The Institute plans to publish its own Research Journal in the near future.
There is a committee which monitors, promotes and encourages research environment in the institution. The composition is as follows:
1. Dr. Sneh Lata Badhwar( Principal)
2. Dr. Captain Sant SurinderPal Singh (Head, Dept. of Economics), Associate NCC officer
3. Dr. Jagjit Singh (Head, Dept. of Punjabi)
4. Dr. Meeran Rani (Dept. of Physics)
5. Dr. Harjas Kaur (Head, Dept. of Music)
6. Dr. Pooja Garg (Dept. of English)