The College Library is very rich in printed books, Magazines and Newspapers. The College library is the hub of teaching-learning process. The teachers and the students visit the library/periodical section regularly to augment their knowledge. College teachers often accompany students to the library to help them consult reference books. The teachers and students can borrow books. In addition to this many departments have departmental libraries also from where the students and staff can get the books, they want. In the beginning of each academic session, the librarian holds orientation programmes for the students and acquaints them with library rules as well as library facilities. The library staff extends a helping hand to all the students in searching library resources especially to visually/physically challenged students by getting them books issued on priority basis.
- The library has 51655 books which include general books, reference books and text books.
- Photostat facility is available in the library.
- There are 2 computers with internet facility.
- User education is given to all the newcomers by the librarian e.g. How to use catalogue, locate books, consult reference section etc.
- Open access facility to text books and reference books.
- Departmental book bank facility for needy students.
Issue and Return
This section is the hub of library activities where lending out of books to readers is facilitated. The circulation of books for home use is a major public service provided by the library. All the members of the library visit this section for getting books on loan for home use. In the circulation Section various functions are undertaken viz. Registration of new members, lending of books, reminders for overdue books, reservation of books, records and files, statistics and inter library loans etc.
OPAC [Online Public Access Catalogue]:
The Online Public Access Catalogue [OPAC] is available within library intranet [LAN]. The complete database of library documents is available through OPAC.
Book bank facility
Library provides book bank facility to needy and deserving students for the whole session. The issued Text books have to be returned after annual examination.
All belongings like personal books, bags, umbrellas, helmets must be kept at property counter. Although all possible care will be taken for the safe custody of the articles kept at the property counter, the library Deptt. will not be responsible for any loss. The students are advised not to keep their valuable and cash at the property counter.
The function of libraries is three fold. Libraries acquire information, organize that information in a way it can be retrieved and disseminate the information the library has acquired. Reference service fulfils this last function. Library provides assistance in the use of library including location of material, use of computers to access information and the use of basic reference sources. Providing brief, factual answer to questions such as statistics, address etc. that can be quickly located. Assistance in identifying library material needed to answer a question.
On request, retrospective literature searches, on topics of interest, will be conducted by the library. The service would include all the sources held by the library in print, non-print as well as the databases.
Internet Facility : Library provides internet facility to its members.
Photostat facility: College library has fully fledged and fully functional reprographic section provides photo copies of all academic documents on payment.
Display of Books / Exhibitions: New books are displayed at the Display Window near the entrance of the Library to bring these to the notice of readers. Exhibitions are also arranged periodically on various topics .
DISPLAY BOARDS: Audio visual section of the library displays current information on various aspects e.g. information relating to health, career, religion , Amazing facts etc.
Membership of UGC INFONET The library also promotes open access to e-resources. UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium ([email protected]) (http://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/)
Membership and Rules: All the students admitted to the college are eligible for library membership. For this, they will be required to produce fee receipt and 2 photographs. All bonafide students will be issued 2/3 reader's tickets and identity cum library card which they are supposed to keep on their person and produce the same on demand. A member may borrow the books from the circulation section.
- Each student is eligible to borrow 2 books and 3 books in case of Honours and M.com. .Books are issued for 14 days after which delay fine @ Re. 1/- per day per volume will be charged. Before getting a book issued, it should be checked and any marking, mutilation, missing pages should be brought to the notice of the Librarian, failing which the student returning the damaged book will be held responsible.
- Books lost or damaged will be replaced or paid for to the satisfaction of the Librarian. No marking or writing on or tracing from any library material is permitted. Any infringement of the above may require replacement of the book, and other reading material including audio-visual aids.
- The loan of a book may be renewed at the discretion of the Librarian, if it is not in demand.
- Admission to the library shall be open to the members only. Private books and personal belongings should be deposited at the Property Counter and a token obtained in lieu thereof. The articles so deposited should be collected before leaving the library.
- Cards and Tickets are not transferable.
- Special care should be taken to ensure that the Identity Card and Reader's Tickets are not misplaced or lost. All losses shall be reported immediately to the Librarian.
- The member, however, will continue to be responsible for any loss which the library may suffer through the loss or misuse of his/her card or ticket.
- The Identity Card and the Reader's Tickets are to be returned before a University Examination or before the person concerned leaves the Institution permanently. Dues, if any, shall be paid.
- The Library Security is refundable. The application for refund is to be filled on the prescribed form addressed to the Principal, who is empowered to refund the security.
- Members should keep the Library informed of any change of address, change of college, class or subject of study during the period of membership.
- Any misuse of the Library privilege shall be considered as a breach of discipline and the Librarian shall have power to take such action as he considers necessary after consulting the H.O.D/ Principal of the college.
- Periodicals, Newspapers, reference books are not to be issued.
- Mobile should be in silent mode or switched off while you are in the library. Readers' must maintain silence and discipline in the library.
- Books got issued must be get checked at the exit gate.
- The loss of ID card/ Reader's ticket should be reported to the Principal through Librarian. Duplicate card will be issued, if the Principal gives permission after thorough verification and on payment of requisite charges.
- Eating in the library complex is prohibited.
- Members are advised to keep the library neat and clean.
- Tearing off, marking in pencil/ pen and dog-earing of pages of books is a serious offence. Defaulter may have to pay heavy fine.
- It is advisable to leave the books after use on the table nearby rather than to try to restore it on wrong shelves.
- Use of mobile phones in library premises is strictly prohibited.